Thank you to https://authorryanc.com/ for nominating me for the Leibster Award! How exciting! Readers, please check out his blog, you will be blessed!
What is The Leibster Award ? “This award is meant as an instrument to encourage and mentor new bloggers. From The Global Aussie: “The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” The award initially focused on bloggers with less than 2,000 followers, but as its popularity burgeoned, this number has gone down to 200.”
Here are the questions given to me by Author Ryan Callahan and my answers:
What made you start blogging? It seems to be that I sort of ease into what I am supposed to be doing. My first book was published in 2012 and after that the blog followed in 2014. Neither were things I set out to do. God plants seeds and over time it sprouts up when it is His time. Not to say I don’t wrestle in my submitting but that’s another story. However, I know that I was born to share encouragement with others.
When did you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior? I accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior over my life and was baptized when I was eleven years old. I remember the day as if it was yesterday.
What is your favorite movie and/or book? I have a couple of movies that I love. The Color Purple and What about Bob tie for my favorite movie. Of course the Bible is my favorite! I also loved the story, Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
Where are you from? Born and raised and currently living in Maryland
What is your favorite food? Oh my! Probably all the stuff I shouldn’t like! Pizza, Pasta, any kind of rice. Oh and ice cream!
What type of music do you like the most? I listen to many different genres from gospel, contemporary christian, country and r & b.
Where have you traveled? I’ve been to Jamaica, Bahamas, Florida, and a couple of other states mostly along the east coast. My dream is to vacation in Greece.
Are you married? Yes Do you have kids? Three blessings, two girls and a boy.
What was the biggest challenge you have overcome in life and how? Psalm 23 is my covering. It is a daily thing for me to submit myself to God in the area of worrying, angst and letting go. Those three things have affected so many areas of my life and each time it brings me to remembering Who my Shepherd is.
Have you ever had any supernatural experiences? Plenty! God in His grace, gives me dreams and visions. I often see things before they occur which allows me the privilege of covering it in prayer. I also have had healing in my body that only He could have done.
What was the best thing that ever happened to you? The absolute best thing is God choosing me to be His. I don’t say that because it’s what I should say. It has become my truth. I cannot imagine living a life filled with ups and downs without Him, there is no way!
11 Random Thoughts about me!
- I am the shortest one in my household. I’m only 5 feet tall and my kids have surpassed me
- I love crossword puzzles
- I am a huge fan of Amish fiction
- I check out anywhere between 3-5 books at a time at the library
- I eventually want to move somewhere where its warmer year round
- I can ice skate better than roller skate
- I dream vividly every night
- I journal everyday
- I love to save money, I coupon weekly!
- When I was younger, I thought I would become a back up singer or a news anchor
- I love to sing!
Now, here are my 11 nominees for the Liebster Award:
Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award
Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you
Give 11 random thoughts about yourself
Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nomination
Ask your nominees 11 questions
Here are my 11 questions for the nominees:
- When did you first begin blogging?
- Do you set aside a certain time of day to write? Is there a certain atmosphere that has to be set for you to write?
- Do you journal?
- What are some hobbies you enjoy?
- What has been the most challenging moment in your blogging/writing journey?
- Who or what inspires you to write?
- What’s your favorite worship song and/or verse?
- When did you come to know Christ?
- How important is prayer to you in relation to your writing?
- Where are you from?
- Share one of your biggest dreams. (It doesn’t have to be related to writing)
This was so much fun to participate in. Thank you so much Ryan Callahan!